Blood pressure screening
Mondays, 2-3:30 PM
Wednesdays, 9-10:30 AM
Free. For Shaker residents; no appointment necessary.
Health Department at City Hall, 3400 Lee Road
- Appointment required: 216-491-1480.
- All required and recommended childhood immunizations (aged 0-18 years) available for an administration fee per immunization.
- Adult immunizations for Tetanus/Diptheria (Td), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Twinrix (combined Hepatitis A & B), and Polio are available at cost plus an administration fee.
- Pneumonia shots are available all year.
Service Fees (Note: prices have changed)
Vaccines for Children (VFC only)
Children 0 to 2 years of age: No Charge
Children 2 to 18 years of age:
DTAP/TDaP (age 11-18)/Td (Tetanus/Diptheria) $12
Gardasil (HPV for girls age 9-18) $12
Hepatitis A $12
Hepatitis B, HIB, Hep B $12
MMR, MMRV $12
Rotavirus (infants 6 weeks through 32 weeks) $12
Varicella (Chickenpox) $12
TB test (Mantoux) $12
Adult (18 and over):
Gardasil (age 19-25) $170
Hepatitis A $40
Hepatitis B $45
Tetanus (Td) $12
Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis (TDaP - age 18-64) $50
Twinrix (Hep A plus Hep B) $65
TB test (Mantoux) $12
Adult non-Shaker residents are charged an additional $10 per visit for an out-of-district fee.
Influenza and Pneumonia Shots
Flu shots are given from September to December each year. Pneumonia shots are given all year long, and may be given at the same time as the flu shot. Pneumonia shots are $65 (free to Medicare patients).
Children (ages 6 months - 18 years) $12
Adults (ages 19 years+) $30
Pneumonia Shots: $65 (both are free for Medicare patients)
For information or to schedule an appointment, contact the Health Department at 216-491-1480.
Available at the Health Department 9 AM-4 PM Monday to Friday.
$10 per helmet
Toddler through adult sizes
Shaker residents who need certified copies of birth or death records should contact the City of Cleveland Vital Statistics Office at 601 Lakeside Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44114 or phone 216-664-2317.
Mr. Robert L. Forward of Brown Forward Funeral Home is now a sub-registrar and can approve burial/cremation permits for funeral homes. His contact information is 216-751-1200.
Environmental Health Services
- Environmental Health Techs distribute raccoon rabies baits and treat catch basins for mosquito larvacide for West Nile Virus prevention
- Quarterly inspection and annual licensing of all food-handling facilities
- Inspection for compliance with the City’s no-smoking policy in public spaces
- Investigation of food-born illnesses
- Investigation of complaints related to rubbish spills, improper containers, rodent infestation and dog feces control
- Information about black mold inspections
- The Cuyahoga County Public Health Collaborative has issued a letter to restaurants, bars, bowling alleys, bingo hall owners, other business and industry organizations and the general public regarding the Smoke Free Indoor Air legislative requirements.
Advisories & Information
Cuyahoga County Bedbug Task Force: Provides education and guidance on the prevention, detection, and elimination of bed bug infestations.
If you would like to make a request for a public record that may be in the Health Department, or if you have a question about the City's public records policy or its implementation, please contact the Health Department's Public Records Manager Sandi Hurley at 216-491-1480 or through email.
Visit the online home of Shaker Life magazine.