- Prepares and reviews ordinances, resolutions, contracts, and other legal documents
- Manages litigation, claims for damages, and civil rights complaints
- Prosecutes violations of City ordinances and State laws
- Provides legal assistance in labor relations, administrative matters and the City’s legislative initiatives
- Provides enforcement, outreach, and training for the City’s Fair Housing Ordinance
- Conducts specialized training of City administration and employees as to legal rights, responsibilities, and issues
The Department also staffs the following boards:
- Fair Housing Review Board — Settles housing discrimination complaints and provides a forum for communication and interaction among residents on human relations issues.
- Board of Appeals — Hears appeals from the decisions, orders and notices of violation issued regarding the Housing Code and the Criminal Activity Nuisance law, and appeals referred to the Board of Housing Code and the Maintenance Review Board.
For more information:
City of Shaker Heights Charter and Codified Ordinances
3400 Lee Road
Shaker Heights, OH 44120-3493
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5 pm
3355 Lee Road
Shaker Heights, OH 44120-3453