Thornton Park's 50-meter swimming pool is open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. The pool area also includes a current channel, splash zone, two slides, diving boards, and a tot pool for children age six and under (accompanied by a supervising adult age 18 and over).
Swimming Pool Rules
Daily operating hours subject to change as necessary.
- Pool may close due to cold or inclement weather or when temperature is below 65 degrees (lap swimming may still be available).
- Regulation swimwear required.
- Only US Coast Guard approved flotation devices.
- 15-minute rest periods, every hour during open swim, noon to 7 pm
- During rest periods, adults 18+ may swim laps and children 3 years and under, accompanied by an adult, may swim in 3 ft. section.
- Pool management determines rest periods based on pool attendance.
Visit the online home of Shaker Life magazine.