Residential Housing Incentives
Shaker Heights offers many resources to assist homeowners in maintaining or upgrading their property, including a wide range of financial assistance programs.
- Some of these programs are loans with extra-low interest rates.
- Others provide grants, sometimes with a required match from the homeowner.
- All programs are designed to keep Shaker's housing stock both desirable and competitive.
- High property values benefit all Shaker residents.
- The City of Shaker Heights supports fair housing.
Download the Property Improvement Resources brochure for a summary of assistance programs or the Housing Assistance Programs Chart for a brief overview. For more information about the city's programs, contact Housing Programs Specialist Sharra Thomas at 216-491-1434.
The City partners with Neighborhood Housing Services of Greater Cleveland (NHS) to provide home repair loan assistance as well as homeownership and credit counseling services. Contact Tom Voss at 216-458-4663 ext 322 for more information about home repair loans. Contact Mariah Harris at 216-458-4663 ext 313 for financial/credit counseling. Find additional financial literacy resources.
Visit the Resource Center at City Hall, 3400 Lee Road.
- Open 9 AM-4 PM, Monday-Friday.
- Find technical resources to help you plan and complete your home improvement project.
- Resources include:
- building code and permit information
- housing preservation
- materials information on roofing, windows, masonry, painting, electrical and landscaping