Moving to Shaker
Welcome! We’re glad you’re considering a move to Shaker. Review the information below for a virtual look at what it’s like to live here, and then come pay us a visit in person. We think you’ll agree: a move to Shaker feels like coming home.
Get Your Bearings
- Relocation packet: Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll send you an electronic version or a hard copy of our relocation packet.
- Overview: Read it and get a sense for what it’s like to live, learn, shop, and dine in Shaker.
- Neighborhoods: We’ve got nine. Each one a unique part of a vibrant Shaker.
- Schools: Shaker Heights City School District, known for academic excellence and cultural diversity, has adopted the International Baccalaureate program at every grade level.
- Social Media: Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter to see what’s going on now.
Schedule a Tour
The City offers complimentary driving tours for out-of-towners who want to see our neighborhood schools, recreational facilities, libraries, and shopping districts up-close. We’ll even introduce you to current residents so you can ask questions and we’ll help you schedule any school tours. Request a City tour by contacting our City relocation specialist:
Find a Place to Call Home
Whether you buy or rent in Shaker, there are housing options to fit all tastes. Most Shaker homes were built in the 1920s and 1930s and have been meticulously maintained by owners who meet, and oftentimes exceed, the City’s requirements. The City also includes condominiums, apartments, and one- and two-family rentals – many of which are located along or nearby the Rapid lines.
- Contact a top-selling Shaker Realtor for assistance in buying a single- or two-family home or condominium, or renting a home or apartment.
- Build a new home on a vacant lot
- Consider a Heritage Home Loan from the Cleveland Restoration Society
- Review the Point of Sale and Escrow Requirements (for buyers)
More Relocation Resources
Shaker Heights Latest
Second Annual Shaker Makers Event (with a twist)
Makers convene on April 28
Dateline: April 11, 2018 - The City of Shaker Heights hosts its second Shaker Makers event, a show-and-tell-and make-and-touch AND a build-a-business event (that’s the twist). Innovators, creators, engineers, artists, and entrepreneurs of all ages will share their ingenuity, creativity and talents with the public at The Dealership, 3558 Lee Road from 11 am – 4 pm on Saturday, April 28.Read more...
Come, Play! Fest
The entire community is invited to the June 23 event in the Moreland neighborhood.Read more...
Celebrate Spring at Bloom & Buzz on April 13
Taste (and Shop) Your Way to the New Season with Van Aken District Restaurateurs and MerchantsRead more...
Feedback Requested for City Website
Dateline: April 2, 2018 - The City is seeking input on features for a new City website via an online survey at http://bit.ly/2pYVTrY. The survey takes a few minutes and will remain active until April 16. Thank you for your feedback.
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Community Shredding Day
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Shaker Makers Event
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
2018 Spring Ice Spectacular - May 4 & 5
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Visit the online home of Shaker Life magazine.