Moving to Shaker
Welcome! We’re glad you’re considering a move to Shaker. Review the information below for a virtual look at what it’s like to live here, and then come pay us a visit in person. We think you’ll agree: a move to Shaker feels like coming home.
Get Your Bearings
- Relocation packet: Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll send you an electronic version or a hard copy of our relocation packet.
- Overview: Read it and get a sense for what it’s like to live, learn, shop, and dine in Shaker.
- Neighborhoods: We’ve got nine. Each one a unique part of a vibrant Shaker.
- Schools: Shaker Heights City School District, known for academic excellence and cultural diversity, has adopted the International Baccalaureate program at every grade level.
- Social Media: Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter to see what’s going on now.
Schedule a Tour
The City offers complimentary driving tours for out-of-towners who want to see our neighborhood schools, recreational facilities, libraries, and shopping districts up-close. We’ll even introduce you to current residents so you can ask questions and we’ll help you schedule any school tours. Request a City tour by contacting our City relocation specialist:
Find a Place to Call Home
Whether you buy or rent in Shaker, there are housing options to fit all tastes. Most Shaker homes were built in the 1920s and 1930s and have been meticulously maintained by owners who meet, and oftentimes exceed, the City’s requirements. The City also includes condominiums, apartments, and one- and two-family rentals – many of which are located along or nearby the Rapid lines.
- Contact a top-selling Shaker Realtor for assistance in buying a single- or two-family home or condominium, or renting a home or apartment.
- Build a new home on a vacant lot
- Consider a Heritage Home Loan from the Cleveland Restoration Society
- Review the Point of Sale and Escrow Requirements (for buyers)
More Relocation Resources
Shaker Heights Latest
Chill & Toast - Free Outdoor Event Comes to the Van Aken District
Kick Off the Holiday Season with Fireside Festivities Under the Stars on December 1Read more...
City Seeks Input on Moreland Neighborhood
Dateline: November 27, 2017 - As part of the Moreland Rising initiative and supported by a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts, the City of Shaker Heights is engaging residents in a variety of ways to help inform the professional design of neighborhood gateways and historical markers to distinguish the City's Moreland neighborhood. Now through December 15, residents and other community members are invited to take an online survey to help in this process.
Multiple Cleveland-area Suburbs Could See Discolored Water
Dateline: November 16, 2017 - Shaker residents may experience discolored water over the next couple of days. This is due to an emergency water main repair by the City of Cleveland.
Learn more at Cleveland Water.
Filing Delinquent RITA Returns
Dateline: November 7, 2017 - Taxpayers who have neglected to file a municipal income tax return can avoid an appearance by simply e-filing returns at: www.ritaohio.com, mailing or faxing to RITA the requested documents. Address/FAX number:Read more...