Special Events Guidelines
1. Applications for permission to conduct a special event (i.e., parade, race, walk, art show, etc.) on public streets in Shaker Heights must be filed prior to January 15 (for events occurring from March 1 through July 31) and prior to June 15 (for events occurring from August 1 through November 30). Please send the completed application via emailor traditional mail to:
3301 Warrensville Center Road
Shaker Heights, Ohio 44122
2. Requests must contain the information requested on the application. A map of the race/parade must also be included (or a hard copy mailed to the address above).
3. The City will schedule no more than two races or parades per month, except for special circumstances.
4. Preference will be given to those organizations conducting races/parades within the previous two years.
5. A permit deposit fee will be charged to cover administrative costs. If your application is denied, the fee will be refunded within thirty days. If your application is accepted, the permit deposit fee will be deducted from the total fee charged to your organization. The balance is due ten days before the event. Please forward the check with theapplication.
6. Each permit application must include proof of liability insurance, naming the city of Shaker Heights as an additional insured, with limits of at least one million dollars ($1,000,000) per person and three million dollars ($3,000,000) per occurrence.
7. The Shaker Heights Police Department will charge a non-refundable fee for the installation and removal of banners hung during the event, or to remove banners sponsor has failed to remove promptly.
The above-mentioned procedures do not include the use of Horseshoe Lake Park. Please call 216-491-1360 to make arrangements for use of the park.