Special Events Guidelines
Visit Facility Reservations/Rentals and Block Parties for information on renting the large pavillion at Horseshoe Lake, the facilities at Thornton Park or meeting rooms at the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building, and for planning block parties,
- Requests must be complete and include all information requested on the application.
- Include a map of a race/parade and barricade requests, when applicable.
- The City will schedule no more than two races or parades per month, except for special circumstances.
- Preference will be given to those organizations conducting races/parades within the previous two years.
- A permit deposit fee will be charged to cover administrative costs. If your application is denied, the fee will be refunded within thirty days. If your application is accepted, the permit deposit fee will be deducted from the total fee charged to your organization. The balance is due ten days before the event. Please forward the check with the application. Make checks payable to City of Shaker Heights. Groups and fees fall into one of the following categories:
- Shaker Heights Public Schools: $250 fee. If the schools conduct back-to-back races/parades that meet the above guidelines, and will be complete within four hours, the fee for both races will be $250.
- Shaker Heights private schools and Shaker Heights not-for-orofit organizations: $1,000 fee.
- All other organizations:$1,500 fee. Deposit required. After event and all direct and indirect costs are calculated, the City will bill or refund the difference.
Each permit application must include proof of liability insurance, naming the city of Shaker Heights as an additional insured, with limits of at least one million dollars ($1,000,000) per person and three million dollars ($3,000,000) per occurrence.
The Shaker Heights Police Department will charge a non-refundable fee for the installation and removal of banners hung during the event, or to remove banners sponsor has failed to remove promptly.
Visit the online home of Shaker Life magazine.