Are you looking to swim laps, learn to swim, or just splash around with the kids? You've come to the right place. The City of Shaker Heights offers two recreational pools, as well as a variety of swim programs for all ages.
Open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, this beautiful outdoor swimming pool boasts lap lanes, a diving well, water slides, and a lazy river. There's also a separate tot pool and splash pad. Learn more about the Thornton Park pool.
When Thornton Park Pool closes for the season, residents are invited to swim at Woodbury Pool located at the Woodbury Elementary School (15400 S. Woodland Road).
- Fees: $5 per person drop-in; $10 for families of 3 or more. Exact change only, please.
- Residents only.
- Children ages 14 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Lap swimming is limited during open swim hours.
- In general, open swim is available on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7:30-8:30 pm and Saturday afternoons from 12:30-2 pm. Lap swim is available on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 8:30-9:30 pm and Saturday afternoons from 2-4 pm.
- Woodbury Pool is available during the school year while school is in session. Please call the Recreation Department for more information.
- An individual unlimited use pool pass for all open and lap swimming is available for purchase at Thornton Park for $50 per person. Family passes are not available.
Shaker Sharks Competitive Swimming Program
Shaker Sharks offers a competitive swimming program in Shaker Heights for K-8 students, as well as a Master's program for adults. Learn more at the Shaker Sharks website.