Thornton Park's 50-meter swimming pool is open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. The pool area also includes a current channel, splash zone, two slides, diving boards, and a tot pool for children age six and under (accompanied by a supervising adult age 18 and over). Thornton Park is located at 3301 Warrensville Center Rd.
2019 Pool Schedule
|Activity||Monday to Friday||Saturday & Sunday|
|Main Pool/Current Channel/
|Open Swim||4-7:30 pm||12-7:30 pm|
|Lap Swim||11 am-2 pm; 4-7:30 pm||9 am-7:30 pm|
|— Adult Only Lap Swim||11 am-2 pm||9 am-12 pm|
|— Youth Lap Lane||N/A||N/A|
|Tot Pool||4-7:30 pm||11 am-7:30 pm|
|Pool Cashier||11 am-7 pm||11 am-7 pm|
Download the PDF version of the 2019 Thornton Pool Schedule.
- Independence Day (July 4): Main Pool/Current Channel/Splash Zone—9 am-6 pm; Lap Lanes—9 am-2 pm; Tot Pool—11 am-6 pm.
- Labor Day (September 2): Main Pool/Current Channel/Splash Zone—12-6 pm; Lap Lanes—9 am-6 pm; Tot Pool—11 am-6 pm.
Season Passes & Punch Cards
Residents and non-residents may also purchase a seasons pool pass or a partial swim pass (punch card). Costs are:
(Ends May 25 )
|First person in household|
|Each additional person||$30||$35||$50|
|Individual (age 50+)||$60||$70||$105|
|Couple (age 50+)||$80||$95||$145|
|15 swim punch-card||N/A||$70||$100|
* Nanny must be accompanied by children when presenting pass to gain admittance.
** Proof of residency and/or employment required when applicable.
Purchase season passes online; in person at Thornton Park (3301 Warrensville Center Rd.) and/or Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building (3450 Lee Rd.); or by calling 216-491-1295 or 216-491-1360. Daily passes and punch cards can be purchased at the cashier window inside Thorton Park.
Please note: Saturday morning lap swimming from 9 am to noon at Thornton Park is reserved for residents only; non-residents and guests are not permitted access during these hours. A pass is required for children age 5 and older (effective May 25, 2019).
- Daily operating hours subject to change as necessary.
- Pool may close due to cold or inclement weather or when temperature is below 65 degrees (lap swimming may still be available).
- Regulation swimwear required.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation devices.
- 15-minute rest periods are every hour during open swim (noon to 7 pm).
- During rest periods, adults 18 and up may swim and children 3 years and under, accompanied by an adult, may swim in 3 foot section.
- Pool management determines rest periods based on pool attendance.
- Tot pool is for children age 6 and under.
View all Pool Use Rules and Regulations (PDF).