Architectural Board of Review
The City of Shaker Heights is aggressively enacting social distancing practices to slow the progression of coronavirus as advised by the Cuyahoga County Board of Health. City Hall is open to the public, but with limited access to department offices. Please contact the Planning Department via phone, email, or regular mail (3400 Lee Road, Shaker Heights, OH 44120).
Submissions for the Architectural Board of Review are still being accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Virtual meetings will be held on regularly scheduled dates.
Planning Phone: 216-491-1430
The Architectural Board of Review (ABR) reviews plans for new buildings and for all exterior changes to existing buildings, including additions, window and door changes, auxiliary structures, decks, re-siding, and re-roofing. The ABR’s review ensures changes to the exterior appearance of buildings in Shaker Heights maintain the high standard of architectural quality in the community. The Planning Department manages this process for the ABR.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- ABR - Approved Roof and Shingle Colors (PDF)
- ABR - Design Guidelines (Established Homes) (PDF)
- ABR - Multi Family Infill Design Guidelines (PDF)
- ABR - Perimeter Railing Pointed (PDF)
- ABR - Perimeter Railing Round (PDF)
- ABR - Perimeter Railing Square (PDF)
- ABR - Single Family Infill Design Guidelines (PDF)