Storefront Renovation Rebate Program
The City of Shaker Heights is pleased to offer you, a Shaker Heights commercial property owner and/or business owner, to participate in the 2019 City Storefront Renovation Program. The goals of this program are to:
- Improve the appearance of the commercial districts;
- Support property and business owner's efforts to improve building exteriors;
- Contribute to the economic growth and prosperity of Shaker Heights.
The program has two options for participation:
Signage-Only (Business Owners only): independently owned, non-franchise businesses may apply for a signage-only rebate. Signage-only projects can include items that bear company marks such as signage, awnings, and window/door graphics. The intent of the signage-only program is three-fold:
- Incentivize new businesses to open in Shaker Heights;
- Attract, retain and support locally-owned businesses; and
- Encourage better quality signage in our commercial districts.
The signage-only rebate is up to 50% of the project cost, not to exceed $3,000.
Full Façade (Building or Business Owners may apply): to improve an existing building’s exterior curb appeal in a comprehensive, transformative manner including new/restored front doors and windows, tuck pointing, painting, signage (independent businesses only), awnings, outdoor cafes (visible from the street) and front façade landscaping. Parking lot resurfacing and roof repairs/replacement are not eligible. The entire façade must be assessed and included in the design scheme to produce a transformational project. The sides of buildings may be included on a case by case basis. The full façade rebate is up to 50% of the total project cost, not to exceed $15,000.
Complete the Eligibility and Requirements Form to begin your application.