New Housing Options
Love Shaker Heights, but prefer to live in a new home? You've come to the right place. Learn about current and recent residential construction projects in the community — or scroll to the bottom of the page to find out about vacant lots where you can build your dream home.
Townhomes of Van Aken
Located on Van Aken Boulevard at the intersection of Sutton and Onaway roads, the Townhomes of Van Aken feature 33 new single-family, town home-style residences with modern floor plans and amenities. Walk to Shaker Square or Chagrin-Lee to do your shopping, or hop on the Rapid for a quick trip east to the Van Aken District or west for an easy commute downtown.
Available incentives include:
- A 10-year property tax abatement saves buyers up to $11,000 a year.
- 5 percent down portfolio loan program.
- $5,000 down payment grant (as of August 2019, two grants remaining).
Learn more at Townhomes of Van Aken.
Upstairs Van Aken
Upstairs Van Aken leases upscale, modern, open concept one- and two-bedroom apartments in the heart of the Van Aken District. Apartments are conveniently located upstairs from all that the District offers: dining, wellness and retail offerings. Plus, the Rapid stops just outside the door making the commute downtown quick and easy. Learn more at Upstairs Van Aken.
Enjoy loft-style living in the Chagrin-Lee District. Just steps from the Lee Rd. Rapid Station and Shaker Town Center, Avalon Station offers a variety of one-, two- and three-bedroom units, all boasting open floor plans and floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the neighborhood. View available properties for sale.
Build Your Own Home
If your dream is to build a new home, you can do that in Shaker Heights. There are approximately 230 City-owned lots and 189 privately owned vacant lots throughout the City.
- Take a virtual tour of a model home by Knez and learn about other opportunities to work with them on new home construction on lots throughout the Moreland neighborhood.
- View new homes built on City-owned vacant lots.
- Learn more about acquiring a City-owned vacant lot on which to build an owner-occupied, single-family home.
- Learn about property tax abatements for newly built homes in qualifying areas.