Resources for Businesses
The City of Shaker Heights is committed to helping our business community as so many of you are experiencing substantial economic injury as a result of COVID-19. The City will continue to send updates via direct email communication to all businesses to relay relevant information about the coronavirus outbreak that is unique to businesses.
State of Ohio Mask Mandate
As of July 23, 2020, individuals statewide are required to wear facial coverings (masks) at all times when:
- In any indoor location that is not a residence;
- Outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet or more from individuals who are not members of their family/household;
- Waiting for, riding, driving, or operating public transportation, a taxi, car service, or ride-sharing vehicle.
For additional information, read the full mask mandate order.
The State of Ohio has put into effect a number of orders that have gradually allowed businesses to reopen as long as safety standards are met. As your business reopens and operates in this new environment, please review all state reopening requirements for your business sector. For additional information, visit our Responsible Reopening Resource Guide page.
Click on the topic area below to access a variety of relevant programs and resources.
View recent editions of this email newsletter.
- September 16: Business ENews: Energy, Mixer & Tools
- September 2: Business ENews: Opportunities & Invitation
- August 5: Business ENews: Impact Survey, New Grant Opportunity & Webinars
- July 23: Business ENews: Mask Mandate, Must-Know SBA Info, and Grants
- July 10: Business ENews: Face Coverings and Webinars
- June 26: Business ENews: Info to Know & Things to Do
- June 17: Business ENews: SBA Updates, New Opportunities
- June 5: Business ENews: PPP Flexibility, More Openings & Grant Opportunities
- May 29: Business ENews: PPP Forgiveness Webinar and BWC Deferral
- May 23: Business ENews: PPP Loan Forgiveness, Sourcing PPE
- May 14: Business Enews: Post Your Protocols & Grant Deadline
- May 8: Business ENews: County Grant and Business Reopenings
- May 1: Business ENews: Responsible Reopening, New Stay Safe Ohio Order
- April 28: Business ENews: Responsible Reopening
- April 24: Business ENews: Money, Money, Money
- April 17: Business ENews: NEW Grant and Loan Programs
- April 10: Business ENews: April 2020
- April 2: Business ENews: Rent Relief and Paycheck Protection
- March 30: Business ENews: The CARES Act and Your Small Business
- March 27: Business ENews: Coronavirus Update 4
- March 24: Business ENews: Coronavirus Update 3
- March 19: Business ENews: Coronavirus Update 2
- March 16: Business ENews: Coronavirus Update
- March 13: Business ENews: March 2020
If you operate a business in Shaker Heights and are not receiving this Business ENews, please email Katharyne.Starinsky@shakeronline.com to have your email added to the City’s commercial database.
We are here to help.