City Service Updates
Last updated March 27, 12 pm
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list. If you cannot find the information you need here, please use the search box in the upper right-hand corner of this page or call the relevant City department for assistance.
Effective March 18, City Hall, Thornton Park and the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building will be closed to the public. Please contact departments directly for alternative options. Or call 216-491-1400 for assistance.
- Most public meetings have been canceled through April 30 (view the calendar).
- Neighbor Night meetings have been canceled through April 30.
- The April 15 Fair Housing seminar has been cancelled and will be rescheduled.
- Recycling events (e.g. Community Shredding, Computer Roundup) have been temporarily suspended.
- View updates on the Shaker Municipal Court website.
Building & Housing
- Permitting is proceeding with some modifications; new POS inspections have been temporarily suspended, though sellers must still submit a POS application and certain other restrictions apply. Learn more about these changes.
- Station tours and child safety seat installations have been suspended.
- Saturday large item drop off at Service Center (15600 Chagrin Blvd.) — Open until further notice
- Saturday and Sunday recycling at Service Center — Open until further notice
- Fingerprinting services, station tours and ride alongs have been suspended until further notice.
- The Recreation Dept. has canceled and modified programs through April 30.
- Select Senior Adult Recreation Programming Suspended through April 30.
- All public playgrounds are closed; the basketball court and skate park at Thornton Park are closed; the track at Shaker High is closed; all tennis courts are closed.
- Parks remain open for public use, though please practice social distancing while outdoors.
- Library: Effective Friday, March 13 at 5:30 pm, the Shaker Library has closed its Main and Bertram Woods branches until further notice.
- Schools: View the Shaker Schools’ Coronavirus page for the latest updates.
- Van Aken District: The Market Hall will close at 6 pm, Thursday, March 19 until further notice.
- Citywide closures (until further notice):
- All bars and restaurants closed for sit-down service. View our list of restaurants offering take out and/or delivery.
- All hair/nail salons and barbershops have closed.
- Many banks are offering "by appointment only" services; drive-thrus remain open.