Last Updated July 24, 2020
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Guidance
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is providing information to slow the spread of COVID-19 in businesses and workplaces, including:
- Guidance for Businesses & Employers
- FAQs for Businesses
- Prepare Your Small Business and Employees
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Instructions
- Social Distancing Guidelines
- Face Mask Recommendations
State of Ohio Mask Mandate
Cuyahoga County, including Shaker Heights, has been under a required mask mandate since July 8, 2020. As of July 23, 2020, individuals statewide are required to wear facial coverings (masks) at all times when:
- In any indoor location that is not a residence;
- Outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet or more from individuals who are not members of their family/household;
- Waiting for, riding, driving, or operating public transportation, a taxi, car service, or ride-sharing vehicle.
To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, please ensure your business requires masks covering the mouth, nose and chin for all employees, customers, and visitors. Mask wearing should accompany other prevention efforts, including frequent handwashing, physical distancing of six feet, and continued monitoring of symptoms and exposures. Click here to read the full mask mandate order.
Please also see additional FAQs on Face Coverings in the Workplace provided by the State of Ohio.
State of Ohio Social Distancing Requirements
Businesses must comply with Social Distancing Requirements as stated in Section 11 of the State of Ohio’s Order dated May 29, 2020. Required measures include:
- Designate six-foot distances. Designating with signage, tape, or by other means six foot spacing for employees and customers in line to maintain appropriate distance;
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing products. Having hand sanitizer and sanitizing products readily available for employees and customers; and
- Online and remote access. Posting online whether a facility is open and how best to reach the facility and continue services by phone or remotely.