Join Our Team
The Shaker Heights Fire Department offers competitive benefits, excellent training and educational opportunities, and career advancement. In addition, our modern fleet and equipment, combined with a positive and team-oriented work environment, makes our department a great place to develop your career as a firefighter/paramedic.
NOTE: The next Shaker Heights Firefighter Exam is June 5, 2021. Applications will be posted on this website on May 3, 2021. Sign up to receive an email when the application is available or to be notified about future recruitment opportunities.
- Fire Investigation Unit
- Region 2 Urban Search and Rescue
- Heights Hillcrest Technical Reserve
- Community Outreach and Education
Competitive Compensation & Benefits
- Must have EMT-P Certification or be enrolled in Paramedic Training at the time of application (must be certified Paramedic by the time of appointment). Out-of-state applicants must have National Registry EMT-P and become certified in State of Ohio by time of appointment.
- Must be 19 years old at time of application; minimum of 21 years old at the time of appointment.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must possess the physical ability to successfully perform the essential job functions of the Firefighter/Paramedic. Note: Applicants must pass the Tri-C Physical Agility Test (certificate of completion valid within one year of hire date).
- No less than 20/20 vision, without correction or with corrective glasses or contact lenses.
- Valid Ohio driver's license.