Recreation Strategic Plan
Click to view at Planning Services-Recreation Strategic Plan
The City of Shaker Heights is seeking responses from qualified Consultants interested in providing planning services to complete Phase 1 of a two-phase Recreation Strategic Plan. Phase 1 will include:
- Community engagement and community needs assessment
- Existing state of recreation
- Recreation Strategic Plan
- Estimate of probable cost
The Recreation Strategic Plan will be informed by robust community engagement to reflect needs in all parts of the community. This Plan will include a community engagement strategy and summary, community needs assessment, existing conditions and trends, priority uses for each potential site, site plans, and program with multiple options for selected sites.
Please access the Request for Proposals at Planning Services-Recreation Strategic Plan.
Anticipated Project Schedule
The final plan must be completed by September 2024.
|May 25, 2023||RFP distributed|
|June 8, 2023 at 10 am||Pre-proposal meeting via Zoom (optional, link in RFP)|
|June 14, 2023 at 2 pm||Deadline for questions|
|June 15, 2023 at 5 pm||City posts questions and answers on project website|
|June 20, 2023 at 9 am||Proposals due|
|June 29-30, 2023||Consultant interviews|
|July-August 2023||Consultant project award|
|September 2023||Consultant kick-off meeting|
|September 2024||Submission of final plan and deliverables|
All documents available at the Planning Documents page.
- Recreation and Leisure Study (2005)
- Shaker Bike Route Plan (2008)
- Van Aken District Connections Plan (2016)
- Forward Together Vision Plan (2019)
- Forward Together Joint Facilities Plan Round 1 and 2 Engagement Summaries (2021)
- Forward Together Building Assessments (2022)
- Lee Road Action Plan (2023)
- 2023 Shaker Heights Findings Report (PDF)
- 2023 Thornton Park Ice Rink Existing Conditions Report (PDF)
- 2023 Shaker Heights Community Attitude Survey (PDF)
- 2018 Community Attitude Survey (PDF)
- 2015 Recreation Assessment Analysis (PDF)
School District Documents
Contact & Questions
Questions related to this RFP will be accepted through Wednesday, June 14, 2023, at 2 pm. Direct questions to Kara Hamley O’Donnell, email@example.com or 216-491-1436. A summary of all questions and answers will be forwarded to our RFP distribution list and all who registered for this RFP on the City’s website, and posted on the project page www.shakeronline.com/recreationplan on Thursday, June 15, 2023 by 5 pm. If you are looking for possible firms to partner with on this project, please email Kara Hamley O’Donnell, Principal Planner, for a copy of the RFP distribution list.