The Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District (NEORSD) will start phase one of a sewer project on Lee Rd., north of Van Aken Blvd., on Thursday, May 14. Anticipated duration of phase one is a week.
Please note for phase one:
- Northbound traffic on Lee Rd. north of Van Aken Blvd. (in front of City Hall) will be limited to one lane.
- No left turn onto Van Aken Blvd. from the southbound lane of Lee Rd.
- Police will be on site to help direct traffic.
- Work hours are 7 am-5 pm.
- The traffic zone will remain in place overnight for the duration of phase one.
The purpose of this project is so that NEORSD can divert a combined City sewer into NEORSD’s deep tunnel system. The project has two phases.
This phase will consist of exploratory digging to determine where existing underground utilities are. This work is anticipated to take five days and will start the week of May 11.
This phase will consist of a water main relocation, construction of a diversion structure, and installation of new pipe. The duration is expected to be two months; the start date has not been finalized.