As part of its long term maintenance plan, the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (GCRTA) will be working on the Blue and Green Line tracks in Shaker Heights starting June 28. The work will coincide with the GCRTA’s scheduled Rapid service shutdown (June 28 to August 8). Please note:
- Hours of operation will be 8 am to 8 pm.
- The work is anticipated be completed by August 8.
- Work areas are as follows:
- Van Aken Blue line — Farnsleigh Rd. to Drexmore Rd.
- Shaker Green line — Lee Rd. to Coventry Rd.
Nighttime Work Scheduled for Blue Line
Starting the week of July 19 through August 2, the GCRTA will be working Sunday to Thursday from approximately 11 pm to 5 am. The general scope of night work will include the replacement of rail ties and regulating ballast (the track bed) as required. The GCRTA will start at Drexmore Rd. and work towards Farnsleigh Rd. For the safety of the crew, lamps will be used for illumination. Sound disturbances will consist of truck back up alarms, power tools, and equipment.
- Cindy Greenwald, GCRTA Power & Way Supervisor (216) 832-6410
- Aaron Hale, GCRTA Track Supevisor - Project Manager (216) 214-7803
- Teresa Muti, GCRTA Manager Power & Way (216) 390-9624