Update 1/3/22: The project will resume later this year as weather permits.
Posted 5/5/21: The week of July 19, Dominion Energy Ohio will start a gas main replacement project in the Lomond neighborhood. Impacted streets include Lynnfield Rd., Townley Rd., Winchell Rd. and sections of Newell Rd., Lomond Blvd. and Scottsdale Blvd. (see map below).
The project duration is four months (weather permitting). Work hours are 7:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Public Works is coordinating City projects with the contractor and DEO to minimize inconvenience to residents.
Residents living within the work limits will receive further information from the contractor (Wartko Construction) and Dominion. If underground irrigation or invisible fences are damaged by the work, residents should call 330-673-5252.
Sidewalk Removal & Restoration
New gas lines are installed under the sidewalk. The contractor will remove the sidewalks on the affected street to perform this work. The contractor is also responsible for restoring the sidewalks when the project is complete. Please note:
- The contractor will work directly with the homeowner on sidewalk restoration.
- Concrete sidewalk will be replaced with concrete.
- Sandstone sidewalk is replaced with sandstone or, if the homeowner prefers, concrete.
- If the original sandstone sidewalk is in good shape (i.e. in one piece) and not broken during removal, it will be put back in place during sidewalk restoration. Sandstone sidewalk that is broken will be replaced with a new slab if this is the homeowner’s preference (the contractor will not reinstall broken sandstone).
- Broken sandstone can be kept by the homeowner; please call 330-673-5252 or speak to workers directly if you prefer this option. Note that the homeowner is responsible for moving the broken sandstone off the tree lawn and onto their property.