City-Wide Snow Parking Ban In Effect @ 7 PM Tonight
Cancelations & Building Closures Scheduled for February 4
Due to the magnitude of the snowstorm headed our way, the City has issued a Snow Emergency Parking Ban starting TONIGHT, Wednesday, February 2 at 7 pm through Friday, February 4 at 4 pm. There is NO PARKING on any City street for the duration of this ban. Please note: cars in violation of the ban may be ticketed and towed.
Our crews will be working around the clock Wednesday night through Friday morning to clear the streets of snow. Crews will start with plowing and salting all primary roads to make certain these main arteries are passable. Crews will then move to plow secondary roads and salt secondary intersections. Keep in mind that our crews will be working 12 to 14 hours shifts under stressful conditions to do their best to keep up with the anticipated snowfall. We urge residents to stay off City roads during this storm.
Warming Center Available
Residents in need of a warming center on Thursday, February 3 can call 9-1-1 to be connected with the Shaker Heights Fire Dept., which will provide a warm place for you to shelter.
Closures & Cancelations for Friday, February 4
- Recreation programming updates:
- All daytime Recreation classes are canceled.
- The Thornton Park Ice Arena will REOPEN at 3 pm for regularly scheduled programming.
- The Thornton Park sledding hill is and will remain open.
- No delay in trash/recycling collection.
- City Hall, the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building and Thornton Park will remain closed. City staff will be working remotely and available by email and phone.