Dominion East Ohio (DEO) started a gas main replacement project on July 12, 2023 in the Malvern neighborhood. See map below for impacted streets.
- Work hours are 7 am to 5:30 pm.
- Motorists should use caution, follow posted signs, and expect delays.
- Single lane closures will occur within the project limits throughout construction.
- The gas main replacement project is being coordinated with Cuyahoga County’s Warrensville Center Road Bridge Replacement project, yet residents should anticipate inconveniences that are typical of construction projects.
- Dominion Energy Ohio, Cuyahoga County and the City will be discussing the projects with Shaker Heights School Transportation. Additional information will be forthcoming.
- This gas replacement project will be completed in early October. The concrete and landscaping restoration will occur in the Spring of 2024.
This is a DEO project, not a City project, although the City does help coordinate the work. The Contractor for DEO is Wartko Construction. Residents living in the work limits will receive further information from the contractor and DEO.