All specific compostable products can be found on the Betterbin app. A username and password are required to use this app. It is a free searchable database that addresses EVERY item and if it is allowed in the bins.
- Cooked, baked, and otherwise prepared foods
- Cereal, flour, grains, pasta, and rice
- Spoiled and expired food
- Eggs and eggshells
- Dairy products, think moldy cheese and yogurt. Please omit spoiled milk as we consider this a liquid.
- Meat, fish, bones, seafood shells
- Nuts, seeds, pits, and shells
- Coffee grounds and tea leaves
- Pet food, wet or dry
Food-soiled Paper (Uncoated)
- Towels and napkins
- Paper plates, non glossy only! If you're unsure, send it to the landfill or contact
- Coffee filters and tea bags without the staple attached
- Paper bags from the grocery store. Please always recycle paper first and compost second.
- Uncoated food service paper trays and boxes
BPI Certified Compostable Cups, Plates, and Silverware
All compostable serviceware products must be BPI certified. Otherwise they are NOT allowed in the containers.You may use a BPI certified compostable bag to line your bucket or bin with but we prefer you use a brown paper bag!
Below is the BPI Logo: Your item MUST have this logo on it in order for it to be included in our bins.