- The project has paused for the winter. Final planting and restoration work will occur in spring 2023.
Posted (September 19): The City will start the Southern Moreland Traffic Calming & Scottsdale Blvd. Resurfacing project the week of September 26. Anticipated duration is two months (weather permitting).
- The general scope of work will include the installation of stormwater management structures and street beautification/traffic calming modifications along Scottsdale Blvd. (from Lee Rd. to the western City limit) and near Chelton Park.
- The project also includes the resurfacing of Scottsdale Blvd. from Lee Rd. to western City limit.
- No street parking on Scottsdale Blvd. in the work area between 7 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday.
- Local access only in the work area. Motorists should seek alternate routes.
- For your safety, signs, barricades, and warning lights will be placed around the work site. Please follow the traffic patterns they establish.
Note: Neighborhood residents impacted by this project will receive a letter from the City and may also receive additional notifications from the contractor, Perk Construction, if required.
Residents whose driveway aprons will be replaced as part of this project (you will be notified if this is the case) should contact the Shaker Heights Police Department for permission to park on the street while the apron work is completed by calling 216-491-1220 or going online to www.frontlinepss.com/shpd
Please help keep neighborhood children safe by warning them about the danger of playing in the construction site or on any of the equipment.
Read more about the Southern Moreland Traffic Calming project, including how the City collaborated with residents and the almost $300,000 in grant funding the City received from the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District, the Arbor Day Foundation/Boise Paper and Cuyahoga County.
Questions or concerns? Please email Christian Maier, assistant director of Public Works or call 216-491-1490.