A Connections Plan for the Van Aken District
The Van Aken District Connections Plan guides the selection of thoughtful, well-designed infrastructure and amenities and informs future development within the district over time. The plan includes recommendations that:
- establish a unique identity and promote sense of place
- create a dynamic pedestrian environment
- support bicycle travel
- activate and beautify public/civic spaces
The framework (shown above) provides a vision for pedestrian and bicycle connectivity to and from the district. Key infrastructure projects include:
- A 10' wide multipurpose sidewalk/path along the east side of Warrensville Center Road
- A 10' wide multipurpose sidewalk/path along the north side of Farnsleigh Road
- A 10' wide multipurpose sidewalk/path along the north side of Van Aken Boulevard
- Sharrows along new Northfield Road
- A bikeway along old Northfield Road
A public meeting was held Monday, June 20 at the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building, 3450 Lee Rd. Attendees heard a presentation and participated in several feedback stations, including a "Mad Libs" exercise. A second public meeting was held Thursday, September 29. View Presentation.
Visit the online home of Shaker Life magazine.