Thornton Park's 50-meter swimming pool is open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. The pool area also includes a current channel, splash zone, two slides, diving boards, and a tot pool for children age six and under (accompanied by a supervising adult age 18 and over). The pool is now closed for the season and will reopen on Memorial Day weekend in 2019.
Swimming Pool Rules
Daily operating hours subject to change as necessary.
- Pool may close due to cold or inclement weather or when temperature is below 65 degrees (lap swimming may still be available).
- Regulation swimwear required.
- Only US Coast Guard approved flotation devices.
- 15-minute rest periods, every hour during open swim, noon to 7 pm
- During rest periods, adults 18+ may swim laps and children 3 years and under, accompanied by an adult, may swim in 3 ft. section.
- Pool management determines rest periods based on pool attendance.
Visit the online home of Shaker Life magazine.